“"Hope performs her finely crafted songs with skill, grace and integrity. Whether it's one of her heartfelt ballads or romping sing-a-longs she has an uncanny knack for connecting directly with the listener. She has consistently won over the hearts of our audiences and has quickly become one of the fan favorites at our festival." - Jim & Laurie Halfpenny, Producers - Drippings Springs Songwriters Festival - Dripping Springs, Tx ”
HOPE CASSITY EPK
She’s got a “familiar” sounding name, with a not so familiar sounding voice. One that hints of classic country but critics say is undeniably her own. The type of voice that comes on the radio and you know without a doubt it is Hope Cassity. She admits she owes it all to a dusty old eight-track tape player she found in her parent's attic. Patsy, Elvis, Loretta, & Johnny became the soundtrack of her first talent show she put on for her neighbors in the tiny town of Repton, Alabama. By 8 years old, she was capturing audiences with her voice on the tv show “Star Search”, opening for Charlie Daniels, Tanya Tucker, and schooling from home with her parents while performing at fairs and festivals on the weekends.
She is Alabama born, Texas inspired, and a Nashville graduate of the music biz “hard knocks”. After years in the industry, she is recording with the best of the best in Nashville. She is a respected songsmith on the row and earned the honor to craft songs with many pros like Jim McBride (#1 hitmaker recently inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame) and Jerry Salley (Grammy Winner for his songs on hit record“Traveler” Chris Stapleton.)
Traveling around the southeast, armed with only a guitar, her blend of styles gives the genre gatekeepers a run for their money. She writes songs that remind you of classic country, but some feel like alternative rock with a truckload of soul. Regardless of the style of the song, Cassity pours every ounce of her soul out on stage and never sings a note without an open heart on her sleeve. She brings audiences to tears, creates magical pin-drop silence in chatty venues, and moves the room to dancing and toe tapping. With an office full of accolades, accomplishments, awards, and the award for NCMA Best Female Vocalist in 2015, Cassity isn't one to name drop. She's charismatic and quiet about the who's who she's worked with in Nashville, New York, and L.A yet she strikes her audience as humble and down to earth.
Hope Cassity gives back to others because she knows it’s not about how many times you get knocked down. It’s about having the courage to get back up. She has been praised for devoting much of her time to mentoring other budding songwriters. She proves by example that working together is her motto and believes that musicians have "Strength in Numbers". Her hard work has paid off and she has helped hundreds of families, children and rescued animals in the process. Encouraging the venues she performs at to connect with charities and special needs in the area, Cassity helped raise over $30,000 with an original music charity event she created and hosted called “Tips For Tuscaloosa”.
With the toughest moments of her life behind her, and a new perspective on life and music, Cassity’s light is shining much brighter and she is crafting the most honest music of her career. During the loss of her father and an eight-year battle with Multiple Sclerosis, that almost ended her career, Cassity gained the miracle she needed to fuel her dream again. On April 21 of 2016 she signed up for an experimental patient funded research program that gave her a life changing stem cell transplant of her own stem cells harvested from her own fat. This procedure halted 100% of her symptoms. With a new lease on life, and the physical energy to pursue her dream again, Cassity is ready to reveal new music at the end of 2017.
On the first single, If I Only Had A Heart (Rob Redwine), listeners can soak up her straight down the center classic country feel and pure honesty, in her most vulnerable vocal performance to date. Cassity has paid her dues and continues touring relentlessly singing in bars, living rooms, wineries, fairs, and festivals to share her story. Occasionally, she gets a chance to wow the kind of crowd that she is worthy of in a sold-out arena with over ten thousand in attendance. She isn’t done yet. She plans to return to the road and tour heavily to promote her new release in 2018.
Hope Cassity’s song “Closure” was the first songwriter cut recorded by the popular Indie Rock Duo Penny Rae, and it became the first single for their self-titled album. They subsequently recorded 5 more songs that Cassity wrote or co-wrote on their follow up album “Two”. Her song "Alabama River" was chosen as the first single from their second album. She's also had a songwriter cut for "Out of My Mind" with Victoria Camp one of the Sweet Tea Trio (CMA emerging group of talented recording artist from Alabama). They are currently touring with Kid Rock and Robert Randolph Band. Videos for Cassity's songs Penny Rae cut aired on 40+TV networks nationwide alongside major label acts such as Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and Lady Antebellum. For a scroll through of Cassity's Career Highlights please scroll down below the video.
The Word On The Street: "HOPE CASSITY'S VOICE IS WHAT IS NEEDED ON RADIO TODAY,” According to Erin at Hank FM 92.1 and The Ranch 95.9 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas. For Booking requests contact email@example.com.
Hope Cassity is an award winning vocalist and songwriter so when booking please understand that securing a date means you are booking an ORIGINAL music showcase. You must specifically request covers if needed at your event and if it is agreed upon in advance. In the chance you do request covers for events such as corporate event or a wedding, she would pull from the set list below for the cover portion of the set. All shows must include at least 60% of original material unless it is noted and agreed upon in advance per the contract.
Hope Cassity Cover Song List
- Ain’t No Sunshine-Bill Whithers
- Bad Moon Rising-Creedance Clearwater Revival (CCR)
- Building a Mystery-Sara McLachlan
- Church Bells- Carrie Underwood
- Crazy Love-Van Morrision
- Can’t You See-Marshall Tucker Band
- Daddy’s Hands-Holly Dunn
- Drops of Jupiter-Train
- Fields of Gold-Sting
- Free Falling-Tom Petty
- Have Mercy-The Judds
- Hell on Heels-Pistol Annie’s
- Hey Ya-OutKast
- Fire Away-Chris Stapleton
- Family Tradition-Hank Williams Jr.
- Grandma’s Hands- Bill Whithers
- Stay Here and Drink-Merle Haggard
- Jolene- Dolly Pardon
- Mama’s Broken Heart-Kacey Musgraves
- Me and Bobby McGee-Janis Joplin
- Walking on Sunshin- Katrina and the Waves
- My Girl- Otis Redding
- No Diggity-Ed Sheeran/BlackStreet
- Radioactive-Imagine Dragons
- Ex’s and Oh’s -Elle King
- Rain-Patty Griffin
- Riser-Dierks Bentley/Travis Meadows
- Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay- Otis Redding
- Tennessee Whiskey-Chris Stapleton
- The First Cut is the Deepest -Sheryl Crow
- The Highway- Holly Williams
- The House That Built Me- Miranda Lambert
- Time After Time-Cyndi Lauper
- To Make You Feel My Love-Garth Brooks
- Use Somebody-Kings Of Leon
- Wagon Wheel-Old Crow Medicine Show/Darius Rucker
- Walking After Midnight-Patsy Cline
- What A Wonderful World-Louis Armstrong
- You Are So Beautiful-Joe Cocker
- Your Cheating Heart-
- When You Say Nothing At All-Allison Kraus-Keith W.
- Little White Church-Little Big Town
- Let it Be-The Beatles
- Country Roads-John Denver
- Proud Mary-Creedance Clearwater Revival
- Chasin Waterfalls-TLC
- To Love Somebody-The Beegees
- Blue Ain’t Your Color-Keith Urban
- What’s Love Got to Do With It-Tina Turner
- Falling- Alicia Keys
- Give Me One Reason-Tracy Chapman
- Angel From Montgomery-
- Stay With Me-John Legend
- At Last-Etta James
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You-Elvis Presley
- Billy Jean-Michael Jackson
- Respect-Aretha Franklin
- All Of Me-John Legend
- Hey Soul Sister-Train
- Rolling In The Deep -Adele
- Hey There Delilah-Plain White T’s
- More Than Words-Extreme
- Let It Be Me-Ray LaMontagne
- Forever Young-Bob Dillan
- Wild Horses - Rolling Stones
- The Dog Days are Over-Florence and the Machines
- Signed, Sealed Delivered-I’m Yours-Stevie Wonder
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love-Queen
- Down By The Riverside-Etta James
- Feels Like Home To Me-Chantel Kreviazuk
- Blackbird- The Beatles
- Let’s Stay Together-Al Green
- You Got A Friend-James Taylor/Carol King
- That’ll Be The Day-Buddy Holly
- Heavenly Day-Patty Griffin
- People Get Ready- Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions/
- Take Me To The River-Al Green /Eva Cassity
- Wade In The Water- Ella Jenkins/Eva Cassity
- Something To Talk About-Bonnie Raitt
- You Give Love A Bad Name-
- Creep-RadioHead/Vintage Postpartum
- Nothing Compares to you-Sinead O’Conner
- Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
- Black Hole Sun- Chris Cornell
- Stone- Chris Cornell
- Numb- Linkin Park
- It’s Been Awhile-Stained
- Stand By Me- Ben E. King
- Ironic-Alanis Morisette
- Heard it Through The Grapevine-Marvin Gaye
- Baby Love-The Supremes
- Hound Dog-Elvis Presley /Big Mama Thorton
- Boogy Shoes-KC and The Sunshine
- That’s The Way I like It -KC and The Sunshine
- Midnight Train To Georgia-
- Chain Of Fools -Aretha Franklin
- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic-The Police
- Pour Some Sugar On Me- Def Leppard
- Old Time Rock and Roll-Bob Seger
- Keep Your Hands To Yourself-Georgia Satellites
- Brick House- The Commodores
- I love Rock and Roll- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Hard To Handle - The Black Crowes
- Come To My Window-Melissa Etheridge
- Who Will Save Your Soul-Jewel
- Walk Away-Ben Harper
- Strawberry Wine -DeAnna Carter
- I could use a long song- Maren Morris
- My Church- Maren Morris
- I wish I was -Maren Morris
- You Look Good-Lady Antebellum
- Forever and Ever Amen-Randy Travis
- Life Is A Highway-Rascal Flats
- Gin and Juice -The Gourds /Snoop Dog
- Copperhead Road-Steve Earle
MUSIC & VIDEO
"Partly You" is an original song Cassity wrote that features chart topping vocalist Jason Wyatt (formerly of The Lost Trailers/Universal Nashville). The song was voted in top 25 of Music City Songwriting Competition and the duet was nominated for NCMA Best Duo Performance of the Year.
2015 NCMA Female Vocalist Of The Year
2015 NCMA Duo Of The Year Nominee
2016 NCMA Song Of The Year Nominee
Cassity selected among thousands as one of only four songwriters asked showcase in Hollywood, California. She was asked to perform her original songs in front of the top filmmakers, production companies, and music supervisors in the world at the World Sync Summit in 2014.
Twice nominated for Dallas Observer, Dallas Best Female Vocalist in 2004-2005
Top 10 Songwriter Serenade Finalist
Top 25 Music City Songwriting Competition Finalist
Cassity's song "Sweet Southern Sun" Reached #1 on Reverb Nation charts
Cassity's hauntingly honest ballad about her grandmother's battle with cancer "Fifty Years" was chosen and featured in the International STAND UP TO CANCER campaign
Cassity was selected out of thousands of artists across the southeast to front the cover of the nationwide publication Regional Musician Magazine. Editor coined Cassity "The hardest working woman in the industry."
Cassity's first headlining show in Canton, Ga Arts Theater sold out to a crowd of almost 400
Cassity's CD Release Show for "Like A Movie Scene" sold out at capacity of 380.
Cassity was sought out by Lyric House in Los Angeles, California as a songwriter. Some of her songs are under current consideration for several placements in tv/film. She also works contractually pitching songs for other artists/ songwriters to Lyric House.
Cassity's single "He Stole My Radio" was the title track featured on the Discovery Channel for the Roxy Surfwear Surf Competition.
Cassity's freshman album "Running In November" was produced by Todd & Toby Pipes of Deep Blue Something ("Breakfast at Tiffany's")
Cassity has performed at major Songwriting Festivals including the 30A Songwriters Festival, Mississippi Songwriters Festival, Frank Brown International Songwriting Festival, Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival
2016 Cassity was asked to perform an opening set in front of tens of thousands in a sold out arena show in Biloxi, Ms.
Cassity has 7 songwriter cuts to her credit. Two of them were released as singles and all were self pitched.
Cassity has been a keynote speaker and performer for The National MS Society six times
Cassity's songs have been featured worldwide on UK Country Radio outlets has been downloaded in every country except for Iceland. *If you know anyone in Iceland let us know. :)